Tuesday, February 22, 2011

BIZARRE DREAM OF CROWE


CURRENTLY READING:

THINK
by John Piper

Category: Christian Living






A few weeks ago I had a dream that I encountered Russell Crowe and tried to evangelize him. This is how it went:

It was afternoon time. I was walking out of the place that I work, Kumon Math, heading to the post office across the street when all of a sudden I see hundreds of people dancing in the parking lot of the shopping plaza that the post office is in. There were even mariachi bands all around, playing music as if the whole atmosphere was one big party. I wondered what the whole deal was about.

As I was walking the sidewalk, I saw a film camera on this sidewalk, shooting this entire festival scene. Behind the camera was director Ridley Scott. He was apparently shooting a new film. I didn't know what the movie was about (although I assumed it was a contemporary ganster flick drama), but the cinematography looked amazing from what I saw behind the camera. As with most of Scott's movies, the cinematography is always wondrous.

I walked down the street closer to the post office when I suddenly saw the film's lead star, Russell Crowe. He had a particular hairdo and a suave outfit, as part of his character look for the movie. But I still knew it was him. After the director yelled cut, Russell and some of the film crew members walked back to the honey wagon trailers a couple blocks away. I decided that I wanted to use this opportunity to evangelize Russell Crowe, maybe even give him on those Good Person tracts from Way of the Master. I followed Russell from behind and said in a very kind way, "Oh Russell...Russell..."

To my surprise, Russell didn't turn back and look at me. He waved his hand in a gesture of decline as he continued to march on. I was pretty hurt by this lack of respect, so I said, "Fine then. I just wanted to say that I'm a big fan of your work and I think you're a great actor."

At that moment, Mr. Crowe stopped for a split second. He turned his head slightly to me, nodded in acknowledgment and continued to walk on. Thus I didn't get my chance to share the gospel with him.

This dream seriously makes me want to evangelize Russell Crowe now. I want to compare the real life results with that of my dream to see if Russell is really that unreceptive to common people like me. Who knows? Maybe he is, maybe he's not. Regardless, we must pray for his salvation, like so many in Hollywood.

Though Crowe has had a slight history with his temper and uncouth behavior towards others, the Holy Spirit is the only One who can change him. How glorious this would be to see the man filled with unending love and selfless giving toward others.

May that dream become a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment